Re: access remote server to get data

If you're developing a SOAP Server using PHP5's SOAP extension, just
write a PHP class that you want to expose via SOAP.  That PHP class can
do whatever you want for database access.  I recommend taking a look at
PDO: http://us.php.net/pdo

You can then set the server to be implemented by this PHP class that is
internally doing your database queries:

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.soap-soapserver-setclass.php

Regards,
Al