Fatal error:  Uncaught SoapFault exception: [HTTP] Could not connect
to host in /var/www/myproject/login.php:19
Stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: SoapClient->__doRequest(<?xml version="...',
'http://localhos...', '', 1, 0)
#1 [internal function]: SoapClient->__call('login', Array)
#2 /var/www/myproject/login.php(19): SoapClient->login(Array)
#3 /var/www/myproject/login.php(4): doLogin('dummy', 'dummy')
#4 {main} thrown in /var/www/myproject/login.php on line 19

My php code is as follows (the LoginRequest object is just a simple
wrapper class which contains only the fields which I set on it in this
code; it is the reason for the include on line 2):

  1 <?php
  2 include 'myproject.php';
  3
  4 doLogin('dummy','dummy');
  5
  6
  7 function doLogin($username, $password)
  8 {
  9     $client = new
SoapClient("http://myserverIP:8090/actions/AuthenticationUMO?wsdl";);
 10
 11     $request = new LoginRequest();
 12
 13     $request->username = $username;
 14     $request->password = $password;
 15     $request->messagetype = "LOGIN";
 16
 17     $loginRequest = array("in0" => $request);
 18
 19     $response = $client->login($loginRequest)->loginReturn;
 20
 21     print (debug_backtrace());
 22
 23     if ($response->ack == 'LOGGED_IN')
 24     {
 25         print("login successful<BR>");
 26     }
 27     else
 28     {
 29         print("login failed...<BR>");
 30     }
 31 }
 32
 33 ?>

The wsdl file corresponding to this service is definitely accessible
(so the SoapClient is not failing to find the wsdl) and if I call
$client->__getFunctions(), it prints out the expected info. I will
spare the details of the actual wsdl file, unless absolutely
necessary.

I am new to pretty much all of these technologies, but have been
working with Mule and Axis for a couple of months now. Please note, I
am NOT a php programmer, I'm just testing my backend code before I
send an API to our frontend developers. This code is just for testing.
I imagine that the problem is something pretty simple, but I have no
clue what it could be. There didn't seem to be anything similar to
this in the mailing list, which tells me that I'm probably making a
stupid error. But any guidance will be hugely appreciated. Thanks in
advance for your time.

--
Christopher Suter

Software Engineer