Re: xsi:type or maybe SoapVar misuse?

Andrew Ettinger wrote:
> Ah, also note in the error message that SOAPCustomerSearchBasic extends
> SearchRecord, which for all intents and purposes I guess an abstract
> class as it has no properties (if that helps with any divination on the
> error message).

Hi Andrew,

It's been a while since I did any work with the netsuite serivces - was
a similar search - (wasnt for me and no longer have access to that
stuff), but if I recall correctly, using SoapVar was needed, but not for
the object passed as the parameter. I think I had an object with a
single property. A complex object was assigned to that property. It was
necessary to use SoapVar to property encode the object. I am pretty sure
I needed to provide the type name, namespace and nodename because it was
defined as an abstract type in the WSDL.

This was a while back so things could have changed since then (including
the soap extension), but hope it helps.

Rob