RE: soapclient method to .net server returns object not xml

Eby, Nicholas wrote:

> The response XML exists, it's just being umarshalled into an object for
> you by the PHP SoapClient implementation, because that's its job.  If you
> want the SoapEnvelope XML, you can get it after you call $client->foo() by
> for example $client->__getLastResponse().
>
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.soap-soapclient-getlastresponse.php

Ok, this is kind of my problem as well. The XML is marshalled into an
object, but during this process it gets rid of all attributes and
namespaces.

SOAP Input:

<root>
    <ns:element id="10">Good morning!</ns:element>
</root>

Received input-variable in my processing class:

function process($input)
{
     print_r($input);
}

gives:

stdClass Object
(
    [root] => stdClass Object
        (
            [element] => Good morning!
        )
)

Adam Trachtenberg  http://www.trachtenberg.com/talks/dirtysecretssoap.pdf
Dirty Secrets  states that these XML-attributes should be mapped in the
stdClass object. But in this case this does not happen! And what about the
namespaces?

The case: the service is not aware what kind of message will come in, so we
have to what namespaces are used. Some ideas?