Re: soapclient method to .net server returns object not xml

Roland Cruse wrote:
From other postings I understand that soapclient is meant to return an object. That works for me in some instances. Knut Urdalen's wsdl2php has been a great help. But in an other method, which returns a large multidimensional data set, I think it would be better to get the result in xml to feed to simpleXml which
would then be easier to work with and would not need parsing.
Like I said in another response to this question: "...if there is some complex structure (edit: like in a .NET service using doc/literal encoding of the body) I would typically add some convenient access methods on the data classes used in the classmap."

This is what I do talking with .NET services:

class SomeResponse {

public $SomeResult; // this is the root noe of the XML body

public function getStatus() {
$xml = new SimpleXMLElement($this->SomeResult->any); // load the element you need return (int)$xml->STATUSINFO->STATUS; // use SimpleXML to find the right element
}
}

Best regards,
Knut Urdalen