How to send a C++ array to a PHP webservice

I am making a PHP web service which will receive a C++ array and process the
array.

Here is the code I have written

<?php

require_once('nusoap.php');
$ns="http://localhost/webservice3";;

$server = new soap_server();
$server->configureWSDL('CanadaTaxCalculator',$ns);
$server->wsdl->schemaTargetNamespace=$ns;

// This is the place where you declare your code
$server->register('doRateURL',
array('amount' => 'xsd:string'),
array('return' => 'xsd:string'),
$ns);

//Over here define your code

function doRateURL($array){
lookup the URLs in the db.
return new soapval('return','xsd:string',);
}

Whats confusing me is that if i am receiving a string from a client, I write
xsd:string.

What should i write incase i am receiving an array?

I checked up XML data types and there is no array datatype.

can any one help me with this?

--
"Windows [n.]
A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight