First web service howto

Hi,

Ok i have made up my mind that i will use PHP.

Now i need to get together all the tools of the trade and make them work.

I am using apache on a Kubuntu box.

and i have PHP5 installed..

What else    do i need to make the web service.

Do i need nuSOAP or  PEARS?

The first web service that i will be making will take a URL as input
argument and will return a boolean YES or NO.

I would appreciate if some one can give a code snippet specially the part
related to SOAP and wsdl.

Regards

--
"Windows [n.]
A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight