Re: PHP4 webservice to return custom objects

Karl,

It is indeed possible, and in fact *the* thing that makes SOAP worth while :)

One does this by using WSDL with an embedded XML Schema

http://www.w3schools.com/wsdl/wsdl_intro.asp
http://www.w3schools.com/schema/schema_intro.asp

As far as I know, PEAR::SOAP and NuSOAP both support Schema parsing pretty well. I'm partial to PHP5's SOAP extension myself, they've done a fantastic job in the area of XML Schema support specifically; so if PHP5 is an option I'd highly recommend it. Google will yield examples for the implementation you choose.

Good luck!

Harlan

Karl Glennon wrote:
Hi there,

I'm looking to setup a soap server, which will return a collection of custom php4 objects in response to a request.

I've taken a look at pear soap, and looked over the nusoap documentation. I'm pretty new to webservices, but I can only see situations where the server returns strings or arrays. Is this possible to return custom objects on php4?

Thanks for any help,

Karl