RE: Frequent crashes in multithreaded webserver since new WSDLcaching code in ext/soap

Hi Andrei,

Yes, we need some mechanism for cache expiration and invalidation.
I see two big problems:

1) Now it is necessury to change PHP code to disable WSDL in-memory cache to
reload changed WSDL. How to develop WSDL?

2) WEB hoster may have 1000 users, and how many memory will take 1000 cached
WSDL files?

3) On slow lines on-disk WSDL cache makes great speedup over direct request.
Of course in-memory cache should operate faster.

I suggest add some configuration directive to enable/disable in-memory
cache. Or change existing ones to have disk/memory/off values.

> > I hadn't time to look into you patch careful, and seems it wasn't
> > tested
> > enough. I looked into it today, found and fixed another bugs in
> > addition to
> > your fix. I cannot be sure that these are latest bugs
> related to this
> > patch.
>
> I know you fixed those bugs. There is at least one more remaining,
> according to the bug #37083. I am fine with reverting the in-memory
> cache (or at least disabling the cache_wsdl) parameter until after
> 5.1.3.

I think we can stay code in CVS but disable it by default.
(Invert the behavior of "cache_wsdl" parameter.)
Or we can use default value frim configuration directive.
What do you think?

> > Also for what reason you disabled disk cache? I re-enabled it.
>
> Because it's too slow?

I prefer not to break working code, before making better one.

> Do you have any ideas about the problem described in the last few
> comments in the bug?

I'll look.

Thanks. Dmitry.