Re: Frequent crashes in multithreaded webserver since new WSDLcaching code in ext/soap

Andrei,

I was agree with your patch only after 5.1.3 release.
And I disagree with persistent WSDL by default at all.
Especially without protection against huge memory usage.

How huge is it really? We can put TTL on in-memory cache as well, but I think that we should have only in-memory cache and not bother with the disk one anymore -- it's just too slow.

I hadn't time to look into you patch careful, and seems it wasn't tested enough. I looked into it today, found and fixed another bugs in addition to your fix. I cannot be sure that these are latest bugs related to this patch.

I know you fixed those bugs. There is at least one more remaining, according to the bug #37083. I am fine with reverting the in-memory cache (or at least disabling the cache_wsdl) parameter until after 5.1.3.

Also for what reason you disabled disk cache? I re-enabled it.

Because it's too slow?

Do you have any ideas about the problem described in the last few comments in the bug?

-Andrei