Re: Secure connections with a SOAP client

On 4/6/06 10:22 AM, in article C05A9C80.16941%gwilson@armscontrolcenter.org,
"Gilbert Wilson" <gwilson@armscontrolcenter.org> wrote:

> The SOAP client I am working on needs to connect to the SOAP server over a
> secure connection.  I don't know if my client is doing so.  How do I check?
> I instantiating the SOAP client with the following call:
>
> $client = new SoapClient('https://path/to/WSDL', array('trace' => 1,
> 'exceptions' => 0));
>
> I have assumed, up until this point, that by calling the address with
> 'https' that it is a secure connection, however, the SOAP server is spitting
> back an error that could possible be caused by an attempt to connect to it
> through a non-secure HTTP request.  The other possible reason for the error
> is malformed xml, but wanted to check to make sure my understanding of the
> SOAP client connection's security state is correct.
>
> Gil

To my great surprise, relief, and some gnashing of teeth I was, indeed,
connecting to the server securely... I was just connecting to the wrong
server.  :-/  :c)

Move along, nothing to see here.

Gil