From: mslemko [mailto:mslemko@netscape.net] Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 6:23 AM
To: soap@lists.php.net
Subject:  SOAP Server not renewing the implemented class when the code
is updated

Hello,

I'm trying to update a "DoAction" class for the SOAP server without
requiring a restart for apache (If I do a restart, the "DoAction" class is
reloaded with the updated version).

Is there a way for me to tell the SoapServer to forget what it has in its
cache and reload the "DoAction" class? Or perhaps a way to trick the server
into an unload and subsequently will just reload when needed?

 From what I understand, the SoapServer creates a single instance of the
class and makes calls to that class for performance reasons.

The server code is like this:

/********/
require_once("soap/class.DoAction.php");
$NAMESPACE = 'http://server.com/mynamespace'; $server = new
SoapServer(null,array('uri'=>$NAMESPACE));
$server->setClass('DoAction');
$server->handle();

PHP 5.1.2
FreeBSD 5.4