PHP5 SoapClient in Session.

I am seeing some weirdness after setting the SoapClient in the session and
then redirecting to another page.

$_SESSION['soapclient'] = $mysoapclient

On the second page, I retrieve the SoapClient from the session, but as soon
as I access a method on the SoapClient, I get this error.

$myclient = $_SESSION['soapclient'];

"Warning: SoapClient::__call(): supplied argument is not a valid sdl
resource in welcome.php on line 18
There was a problem with your login: Error finding "uri" property"

I wonder whether the redirect using header("Location: welcome.php") is
causing the problem.  I am using PHP 5.1.2.

Any help is appreciated.