Re: Re: Newbie question

Yeah, I had to do a lot of googling in order to configure my WSDD.

As for generating my WSDL, I ended up compiling my Java with the debug
option turned on, then running the command I specified in my last posting.
It seemed to generate an OK WSDL.

I ended up switching platforms from Axis to Oracle's Application Server,
else I'd have more pointers for you.

-Peter

""Patrick Hanna"" <phanna@email.unc.edu> wrote in message
200602010400.k11400UI006600@smtp.unc.edu">news:200602010400.k11400UI006600@smtp.unc.edu...
> I use axis to deploy my service using their WSDD deployment files. Since
the
> documentation for WSDD is severely limited on the Axis site, I can't
figure
> out everything I need to do to get the wsdl set up correctly.
>
> Patrick

wsdl,
> xsd, impl, etc...
>
> I was unable to consume your WSDL using Oracle's JDeveloper, which has a
> "build a client stub from a WSDL" feature.  I have not tried to consume it
> using PHP.
>
> If you're able to consume it, then, well, great!
>
> How did you generate it?  I ended up manually generating my wsdl in Axis,
> using the following command:
>
> java org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL -o <output file> -l <endpoint URL> -n
> <targetNamespace> -y RPC -u ENCODED -T 1.1 <java web service class>
>
> hth,
>
> -Peter
>
> btw, I found Axis' port monitor to be invaluable.
>
> ""Patrick Hanna"" <phanna@email.unc.edu> wrote in message
> 200601312328.k0VNSDDW016886@smtp.unc.edu">news:200601312328.k0VNSDDW016886@smtp.unc.edu...
> > I figured out that I had set up the original beanMapping incorrectly and
> > fixed it and now it works. But now that you meantion my namespaces
> problem,
> > how should I fix it? Do I need to set up schemas for my custom types?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Patrick

Java
> > object.
> >
> > Check out http://www.osmoticweb.com/axis-wsdd/ for more wsdd goodness.
> >
> > hth,
> >
> > -Peter
> >
> > "Patrick Hanna" <phanna@email.unc.edu> wrote in message
> > C0052195.22EF%phanna@email.unc.edu">news:C0052195.22EF%phanna@email.unc.edu...
> > > I cannot for the life of me get this to work. I have a service with
this
> > > wsdl:
> > >
> > > <wsdl:definitions
> > > targetNamespace="http://192.168.0.2:8080/axis/services/quotes";>
> > >     <!--
> > >     WSDL created by Apache Axis version: 1.3
> > >     Built on Oct 05, 2005 (05:23:37 EDT)
> > >     -->
> > >     <wsdl:types>
> > >         <schema targetNamespace="http://stock.samples/";>
> > >             <import
> > namespace="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
> > >             <complexType name="Number">
> > >                 <sequence>
> > >                     <element name="data" type="xsd:float"/>
> > >                 </sequence>
> > >             </complexType>
> > >         </schema>
> > >     </wsdl:types>
> > >     <wsdl:message name="testResponse">
> > >         <wsdl:part name="testReturn" type="tns1:Number"/>
> > >     </wsdl:message>
> > >     <wsdl:message name="testRequest">
> > >         <wsdl:part name="in0" type="tns1:Number"/>
> > >     </wsdl:message>
> > >     <wsdl:portType name="StockQuoteService">
> > >         <wsdl:operation name="test" parameterOrder="in0">
> > >             <wsdl:input message="impl:testRequest"
name="testRequest"/>
> > >             <wsdl:output message="impl:testResponse"
> name="testResponse"/>
> > >         </wsdl:operation>
> > >     </wsdl:portType>
> > >     <wsdl:binding name="quotesSoapBinding"
> type="impl:StockQuoteService">
> > >         <wsdlsoap:binding style="rpc"
> > > transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"/>
> > >         <wsdl:operation name="test">
> > >             <wsdlsoap:operation soapAction=""/>
> > >             <wsdl:input name="testRequest">
> > >                 <wsdlsoap:body
> > > encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/";
> > > namespace="http://stock.samples"; use="encoded"/>
> > >             </wsdl:input>
> > >             <wsdl:output name="testResponse">
> > >                 <wsdlsoap:body
> > > encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/";
> > > namespace="http://192.168.0.2:8080/axis/services/quotes";
use="encoded"/>
> > >             </wsdl:output>
> > >         </wsdl:operation>
> > >     </wsdl:binding>
> > >     <wsdl:service name="StockQuoteServiceService">
> > >         <wsdl:port binding="impl:quotesSoapBinding" name="quotes">
> > >             <wsdlsoap:address
> > > location="http://192.168.0.2:8080/axis/services/quotes"/>
> > >         </wsdl:port>
> > >     </wsdl:service>
> > > </wsdl:definitions>
> > >
> > > Basically I have a service with a test() method that takes a
complexType
> > > Number and returns another complexType Number. I've been able to
return
> > > things from the test method and bind them to a Number object or just
use
> > > ->{"data"} to access the result. I cannot pass objects correctly
though.

> > > All my attempts at passing objects result in
"org.xml.sax.SAXException: