Re: Re: Java/Oracle server, PHP 5.1.2 client, array ofcomplexTypes, Deserializer error

At 02:26 AM 01/21/2006, Peter Guy wrote:
Nice Katy!

Overloading the SoapClient object is a very elegant workaround.

I'm assuming that every call to SoapClient->[specific web method] eventually
goes through __doRequest()?

For example, the invocation:
$client = new DotNetSoapClient($wsdl);
$client->MyMethod($param1, $param2);
will eventually trigger the overloaded __doRequest() method?

That is correct, when you override __doRequest() it will be executed whenever you make a SOAP method call. You can then modify the payload with DOM or your preferred method. You just have to remember to call parent::__doRequest at the end to make sure the request is actually sent over the wire.

I don't think I'd recommend removing the xsi:type attributes, as they may be
needed by the server, but you certainly could replace them with the
"correct" type definition ("SOAP-ENC:Array").

I reviewed the SOAP 1.1 documentation at:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/NOTE-SOAP-20000508/#_Toc478383512

The examples given in section 5.4.2 (encoded arrays) make no mention of supplying the xsi:type attribute even though it does say that the type is SOAP-ENC:Array - although I only skimmed the docs quickly so I might have missed something. In any case, .NET seems to accept xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:Array" quite happily, so I would tend to agree with you.

  The implementation would be a
bit fragile, as it would rely in PHP always using the string "SOAP-ENC" as
the local name for the soap encoding namespace, but that's probably
something upon which we can rely.

There is no need to take such a risk, it is very easy to find the right namespace prefix:

$dom = DOMDocument::loadXML($request);
$soapencPrefix = $dom->lookupPrefix('http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/');

Of course, the workaround I posted also relies on xsi and SOAP-ENV being defined, so if you are concerned that the namespace prefixes generated by PHP might change, create a lookup table and use that instead:

    public function __doRequest($request, $location, $action, $version)
    {
        // Namespace URIs and prefixes
$nsURI = array( 'env' => 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/', 'enc' => 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/', 'xsi' => 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance');
        $nsPrefix = array();

        // Load request
        $dom = DOMDocument::loadXML($request);
        $xpath = new DOMXPath($dom);

        // Find namespace prefixes
        foreach ($nsURI as $identifier => $namespaceURI)
            $nsPrefix[$identifier] = $dom->lookupPrefix($namespaceURI);

// Array serialisation: remove the xsi:type attribute from all arrays encoded using SOAP-ENC:arrayType // as this causes an "no type associated with Xml key"-type SOAP server error in .NET $nodes = $xpath->query("/{$nsPrefix['env']}:Envelope/{$nsPrefix['env']}:Body/*" . "//*[@{$nsPrefix['enc']}:arrayType and @{$nsPrefix['xsi']}:type]");

        foreach ($nodes as $node)
$node->setAttributeNS($nsURI['xsi'], "{$nsPrefix['xsi']}:type", "{$nsPrefix['enc']}:Array");

        $request = $dom->saveXML();

return parent::__doRequest($request, $location, $action, $version);
    }

This will break if you try it on a SOAP 1.2 payload, at least because the SOAP-ENV namespace is different, and probably for other reasons too :-)

Katy.

-Peter