Re: Re: Java/Oracle server, PHP 5.1.2 client, array of complexTypes, Deserializer error

Peter,

On Jan 18, 2006, at 2:44 PM, Peter Guy wrote:

Thanks for the clarification, Dmitry.

I see that it is legal to type a SOAP array the way that PHP does it, but I
don't think it's the right way to do it. :-)

The problem is, how will the SOAP server with which I'm dealing have any knowledge of the "type derived there from"? Unless it's written in PHP, it doesn't necessarily parse requests against the schema in the WSDL, so it
likely won't have any knowledge of that derived type.
I don't know anything about your setup, but, doesn't the server maintain the wsdl file? If your client is using a wsdl file you created, just change the wsdl file to like this...

<xsd:element name="ArrayOfWhatever" type="soapenc:Array" />

where the namespaces are...
    xmlns:xsd='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema'
    xmlns:soapenc='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'

hth