Re: Java/Oracle server, PHP 5.1.2 client, array of complexTypes, Deserializer error

Since this is such a long post, I'll put all of my comments up here, rather
than throughout the post or at the bottom.

Thanks for taking the time to generate more stubs, and confirming my
suspicions that this is a PHP bug, Michael.

However, you state that, "The error is that php names the individual
structs/complex types item...", but I'm pretty sure the error is in the
xsi:type attribute of the BARS element.  PHP fills the xsi:type attribute
with "<my namespace>:ArrayOfBar", when it should be "<SOAP-ENC
namespace>:Array".
Every other client I've seen specifies the type of an array element as
"<SOAP-ENC namespace>:Array", so I'm almost sure that this is a PHP bug.

Where do I go from here?  Shall I submit a PHP bug report?

-Peter

pan.2006.01.18.00.19.56.504455@miras.org">news:pan.2006.01.18.00.19.56.504455@miras.org...

// -------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----

// -------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----

> //
> // This source code was auto-generated by Mono Web Services Description
Language Utility

Namespace="http://CustomerService.wsdl";)]
> [System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThroughAttribute()]
> [System.ComponentModel.DesignerCategoryAttribute("code")]
> [System.Xml.Serialization.SoapInclude(typeof(Bar))]
> public class CustomerService :
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol {

>     public CustomerService() {
>         this.Url = "http://vrcweb1.vrcis.com/custserv/CustomerService";;
>     }
>
>     [System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapRpcMethodAttribute("",
RequestNamespace="CustomerService", ResponseNamespace="CustomerService")]
>     [return: System.Xml.Serialization.SoapElement("return")]
>     public Bar[] EchoBars(Bar[] BARS) {
>         object[] results = this.Invoke("EchoBars", new object[] {
>             BARS});
>         return ((Bar[])(results[0]));
>     }
>
>     public System.IAsyncResult BeginEchoBars(Bar[] BARS,
System.AsyncCallback callback, object asyncState) {
>         return this.BeginInvoke("EchoBars", new object[] {
>             BARS}, callback, asyncState);
>     }
>
>     public Bar[] EndEchoBars(System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) {
>         object[] results = this.EndInvoke(asyncResult);
>         return ((Bar[])(results[0]));
>     }
> }
>
> /// <remarks/>

[System.Xml.Serialization.SoapType(Namespace="http://www.vrcis.com/CustomerS
erviceAPIV1")]
> public class Bar {
>
>     /// <remarks/>
>     public string NAME;
> }
>
> The gsoap proxy:
> /** @mainpage CustomerService Definitions
>
> @section CustomerServiceBinding Service Binding "CustomerServiceBinding"
>
> @subsection CustomerServiceBinding_operations Operations
>
>   - @ref ns1__EchoBars
>
> @subsection CustomerServiceBinding_ports Endpoint Ports
>
>   - http://vrcweb1.vrcis.com/custserv/CustomerService
>
> */
>
> //  Note: modify this file to customize the generated data type
declarations

> //gsoapopt w
> #import "stl.h"
> /// Built-in attribute "SOAP-ENC:arrayType"
> typedef char *SOAP_ENC__arrayType;
>
> /*
> To customize the names of the namespace prefixes generated by wsdl2h,
modify
> the prefix names below and add the modified lines to typemap.dat to run
wsdl2h:

> ns2 = http://www.vrcis.com/CustomerServiceAPIV1
> */
>
> //gsoap ns2   schema namespace: http://www.vrcis.com/CustomerServiceAPIV1
> //gsoap ns2   schema form: unqualified
>
> // Forward declarations
> class ArrayOfBar;
> class ns2__Bar;
>
> // End of forward declarations
>

> /// Schema http://www.vrcis.com/CustomerServiceAPIV1 complexType "Bar"
>
> class ns2__Bar
> { public:
> /// Element NAME of type xs:string
>     std::string                          NAME                          ;
///< Required element
> /// A handle to the soap struct context that manages this class instance
>     struct soap                         *soap                          ;
> };
>
> /// Schema http://www.vrcis.com/CustomerServiceAPIV1 complexType
"ArrayOfBar"

> /// SOAP encoded array of "http://www.vrcis.com/CustomerServiceAPIV1":Bar
> class ArrayOfBar
> { public:
> /// Pointer to an array of ns2__Bar*
>     ns2__Bar*                           *__ptr                         ;
> /// Size of the dynamic array
>     int                                  __size                        ;
> /// A handle to the soap struct context that manages this class instance
>     struct soap                         *soap                          ;
> };
>
> //gsoap ns1  service name: CustomerServiceBinding
> //gsoap ns1  service type: CustomerServicePortType
> //gsoap ns1  service port:
http://vrcweb1.vrcis.com/custserv/CustomerService
> //gsoap ns1  service namespace: CustomerService
>
> /// Operation response struct "ns1__EchoBarsResponse" of service binding
"CustomerServiceBinding" operation "ns1__EchoBars"