Re: Using complex types with PHP5 SOAP functions?

> 1. Is the way i described the right way to use complex types?
I use classes for that where the classname is the name of the
complexType and public member variables as each element in the sequence
of the complexType. Use the classmap option in SoapClient construct to
map WSDL types to PHP classes. If not a WSDL type is presented in
classmap you'll get an stdClass in return.

> 4. Can you send headers also with $client->method()?
No.

> So i'd appreciate if someone could give me a brief intoduction on how
> everything works together, i mean how to use the WSDL to build your app
> around it. Which classes do i have to define, and how can i extract them
> from the response.
I use wsdl2php (http://wsdl2php.sf.net) to generate my initial PHP code,
I'm rewriting the whole tool at the moment with a lot of interop tests,
but the 0.2 version should do ok as an initial code generator in most
circumstances. I find it easier this way when approaching a new WSDL
file. You'll see right from the code what functionality is available. I
haven't experimented with additional soap headers in __soapCall since
the 0.2 version is using the native proxy solution. The next version
will use both __soapCall and classmap more extensively.

Regards,
Knut Urdalen
Software Developer
Telio AS