Re: force a default namespace in SOAP payload?

On Mar 31, 2005, at 10:16 AM, Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg wrote:

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, George Schlossnagle wrote:

Are there any feelings (or perhaps just an undocumented way) to force a
default namespace on SOAP payload? I'm looking at integrating with a
SOAP server that has a slightly broken parser, and seems to need to
have the payload in a default namespace rather than explicitly
namespaced. I.e. rather than:

Ew. I guess this is a question of interop versus standards.

In general, I would prefer not to kludge up the extension to work
around obviously broken SOAP servers. However, at a higher level, the
whole point of the extension is to enable people to easily communicate
with servers -- even ones they cannot control.

I'm taking this is a major SOAP service, and there's little chance of
getting them to fix their server not to be brain-dead?

They aren't eBay, but they're big, and I'm also working the angle of getting them to fix their server as well. One thing I've been thinking about is allowing construction of a payload as a DOM object and then being able to use that directly.

George