force a default namespace in SOAP payload?

Are there any feelings (or perhaps just an undocumented way) to force a default namespace on SOAP payload? I'm looking at integrating with a SOAP server that has a slightly broken parser, and seems to need to have the payload in a default namespace rather than explicitly namespaced. I.e. rather than:

<soap-env:envelope xmlns:tns="http://my.own.ns"; ...> ... <soap-env:body> <tns:payload> <tns:foo>bar</tns:foo> </tns:payload> </soap-env:body> </soap-env:envelope>

they seem to need

<soap-env:envelope ...>
<soap-env:body>