Re: how to correctly invoke webservice

Christian Wenz wrote:
sorry, that was a typo on my e-mail, it should be $string1 and $string2

mmh, but then it should work. Is the .NET Web Service publicly available so that one could test?

Regards
Christian

sorry for the delay, I've just come back..

no, it's not publicly available, since it belongs to a firm that's working with us, and it's restricted to our IP address.

Anyway, I've just made some tests again to see what was happening.

The first strange thing, was that the code I said didn't work, it worked!!! So I tried the code again, but using the whole system, instead of doing a hand made hardcoded test, and it didn't work...

I made a print_r of the resulting object to see the errors, and the error the server returned said that the result returned 0 row. So the remote SQL Server (puaaajjjjj) was returning an error.

Then I realized, that in the tests I had just hand made I used a string of 9 chars, and that when the system was used, most of the times they were 11 chars long... which was what I had tried the other day..

I asked the one in charge of the webservice what was the length for that field one their database, and she told me it was VARCHAR(10)!!!

so that was the problem...

sorry for the bothering, but I didn't realize all this the other day..

regards,

Juan