php headers qualified vs not

I'm using php 5.02 on windows(not my choice), with the php-soap extension and I need to get php to generate SOAP requests identical to an already working application
said application generates headers without qualifying them by namespace.

I.E. when I use SoapHeader in my call to add a header like DistributorCode
the header is
<ns1:DistributorCode>Value</ns1:DistributorCode>
I need it to be <DistributorCode<Value</DistributorCode>(that's the application at the other end's requirement, I'm told)

Can anyone help me?