Re: Cannot set cookie from within my SOAP Server class

If I were to hazard a guess, I would say that cookies are a notion unique to browsers. SOAP clients, however, need not be called by browsers, and thus may not know what to do with a cookie.

What, exactly, are you trying to do with said cookie? Do you need to persist some data across requests? To me, it would make more sense to start a session, and pass the session id as a SOAP header, both in the request from the client, and the response from the server.

==
Will

Noah Lively wrote:

Hi all,

I have a class that I'm using with a SOAP server.  Inside of a function in
this class, I am trying to set a cookie, but have been unsuccessful so far.
I'm using PHP5 RC2 on Windows XP.  Cookies set fine on my server in other
places, such as classes (that aren't used for a SOAP server) and standalone
PHP scripts.

Any ideas?

~Noah