Re: latest in the soap/curl saga

This is because cURL by default wants to verify the SSL certifcate presented by the server you are connecting to, but for some reason, it cannot. This is most likely because it cannot find the Certificat Authority (CA) file.

You have two options.

1 - You could call

curl_setopt( $ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0 );

which disables checking that the certificate is valid. This has obvious securty implications.

2 - You could call

curl_setopt( $ch, CURLOPT_CAINFO, '/path/to/ca' );

whcih tells cURL where to look for the file to verify certifcates. On Redhat 7, I believe this path is /usr/share/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt

See http://www.php.net/manual/function.curl-setopt.php for more info.

neko wrote:
finally got it all running, BUT:

If I'm using cURL to make a HTTPS call, and I get back

"curl_exec error 60 SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK"

-- that's a problem with the target's certificate, and nothing to do with my setup, correct? Or do I need to do anything special on my end?

I guess in this case I am considered the 'client' calling the soap server via https.

thanks,
neko

-- William Green President, HotGazpacho Consulting, Inc. Computing Solutions for You and Your Business 11801 50th St. N #A11 Tampa, FL 33617

813-988-4338 (Office)
813-892-2414 (Mobile)