RE: How to send a binary over SOAP (PEAR::SOAP / WSDL Question)

<SNIP>

> This ZIP-File should be sent from the PHP-Application to the
> other PHP-App,
> so I'll also need to know, if there are possible problems in
> handling big
> files (they could be some MB in size, almost without
> exception) by sending
> or receiving them over WS or handling it in PHP itself.

Check out the php class SOAP_Attachment which is part of PEAR/SOAP/Value.php
Create an instnce of that - provide the filename you want to send and then
do what you want to do with the MIME attachment.

Problems with big files would probably be the timeouts from connections and
PHP scripts - you'd need to set them high, or better still break the zip
file in to smaller files and fix it back up at the other end.

Regards,

Mike C.