Re: Tried that, what now?

Hello,

I've had a quite similar Problem with simple DB-access and Timeouts. I could "workaround" this by connecting to the DB in my service script, which means outside your server-function. The global db variable is now initialized, and it worked fine. Just connect and disconnect the DB one time. I don't know why this happened, but this way it worked for me.

Furthermore i've had Timeout-problems with large Objects and DB-Requests. The setopt-Function and __options-Array did not help, i had to change the Variable $timeout of class SOAP_Transport_HTTP in /SOAP/Transport/HTTP.php manually.

good speed,
Sören

Dustin Nantais schrieb:

I followed your advice Michele, and I still get a timeout error. Here is the
function i've defined. It's no doubt a very small function. It should
execute almost immediately.

function dothisfunction($nid) {

//connect to db, defined above

global $db;

$result = $db->query("SELECT * FROM marques WHERE id = $nid LIMIT 0,1");

$row = $result->fetchRow();

$name = $row['name'];

return $name;

}

I've also tried using the defualt PHP 'mysql' function library, and no luck.
Is it the SOAP client thats the problem, or is it the server. Should I use a
different client. I'm using PEAR::SOAP right now. For client and server.

...Dustin