[SOAP] PHP.INI and PEAR::SOAP remote calls problem

Hi

It seems that there is an issue about the php.ini constants and PEAR::SOAP
remote calls.

A simple call to the php 'mail()' function won't work and the reason
returned in the soap fault is the classic "SMTP server response: 553 sorry,
that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts".
At this point you would tell me to check the php.ini file for the "SMTP =
..." line, but this isn't the problem.

My SMTP DNS is perfectly configured in php.ini and a call to the 'mail()'
function outside the PEAR::SOAP context works perfectly.

Problems only seem to happen when I try to call 'mail()' from one of my wsdl
server's methods. I already tried to use set_ini() inside the server's
method to configure directly the smtp dns but it won't work either (does
someone know why?).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Luis