Re: [SOAP] soap problems revisited

Abdul-wahid Paterson wrote:
Hi,

I have not had much time to look at Pear::SOAP since my comments a few
weeks ago but to pick up from where I left off I still don't seem to be
able to get a simple WSDL client example working.

Take an example from this page:

http://www.phppatterns.com/index.php/article/articleview/39/1/2/

They show the following code (the last example):

<?php
require_once('SOAP/Client.php'); $wsdl=new SOAP_WSDL(
'http://wavendon.dsdata.co.uk/axis/services/CarRentalQuotes?wsdl');

// Create an object directly from the proxy code
$carRentalQuotes=$wsdl->getProxy();

$countries=$carRentalQuotes->getCountries();

print_r ( $countries ); ?>

This however doesn't work for me. In fact, the script seems to die somewhere inside the $carRentalQuotes->getCountries(); function. If I print out debug messages before and after this line it prints the one before but not the one after. Any ideas where I am going wrong?

You're not getting any error messages?

I have one suggestion, although you should be seeing error messages if
this is the problem (check httpd-error.log - depending on your PHP config,
it may be logging errors there)

The suggestion is to increase the memory cap on the script.  The default
for PHP seems to be 8m, which seems to be too small for many SOAP operations.
I've found that increasing this limit to 32M seems to allow SOAP operations
of any complexity to succeed.

FYI - I am using

SOAP 0.8.0-RC1
PHP  4.3.2 (as an Apache Module)