[SOAP] .NET bug causes problems with SOAP headers in rpc/encoded messages?

Apparently there is a bug in .NET that causes duplicate id attributes to
be sent in the Header and Body sections, possibly because microsoft
decided that the Header and the Body are separate XML documents, as
opposed to the entire Envelope being a document.

This is causing me some grief when I introduced authentication using
soap headers, since my PEAR soap server now passes the authentication
object as the first parameter of the method, rather than the intended
object, since they have the same id attribute (id1).

I realise this is a .NET problem, but does anyone have a workaround for
PEAR soap?

Thanks,
Tristan.

Ps. More info on this issue at: