Re: Corn job anomaly

> Date: Sunday, September 25, 2016 08:37:14 -0400
> From: Aziz Saleh <azizsaleh@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re:  Corn job anomaly
>
> On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 4:59 AM, Karl DeSaulniers
> <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> > On Sep 23, 2016, at 5:38 AM, Richard wrote:
>> >
>> > -- Try the mysql access and commands directly from the command
>> >    line (using the mysql cli).
>> >
>> > -- Put debug/print statements in your code so you can clearly
>> >    see where you are getting.
>> >
>> >    -- This includes printing out your mysql statements so that
>> >       you know exactly what is being passed to mysql (both when
>> >       you run the script by hand and via cron).
>> >

>> Thanks Richard,
>> That got me thinking and I figured out my access issue...
>> HALELUYAAAAA!
>>
>> Now I am getting an error with mysql syntax.
>>
>> "SELECT otn.*, cf.* FROM ".ORDER_TABLE." otn LEFT JOIN
>> ".FIELDS_TABLE." cf ON cf.Order_ID = otn.Order_ID WHERE
>> cf.Earliest_Pickup >= DATE(NOW()) AND cf.Earliest_Pickup <=
>> DATE(NOW() + INTERVAL ".($Num_Days_Away+1)." DAY) AND
>> otn.Order_Status != 'Shipping' AND otn.Order_Status != 'Completed'"
>>
>> is giving me this error:
>>         You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that
>> corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to
>> use near '\"Shipping\" AND otn.Order_Status != \"Completed\"' at
>> line 1
>>

> Echo out the query, then manually run it.

Based on the quoting, it doesn't appear that the error you are
reporting is actually based on the command syntax you are showing.

If after echoing your mysql query, so that you see all substitutions,
you are still having trouble, then take your query apart and simplify
it. When you get a trimmed down version to work, then add complexity.