Re: Corn job anomaly

> Date: Friday, September 23, 2016 03:28:47 -0500
> From: Karl DeSaulniers <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Ok, so I have run down all the possible things (that I know of)
> that could be keeping this from working. I have checked with my
> hosting service that:
>
> 1. MySQL is accessible with the original user I started with (for
> this case were using db123456) via ssh. 2. The cron is accessing my
> php script fine.
> 3. The cron is running the script and is attempting to access MySQL
> but not allowing access still.
>
> I tried running the script via ssh and it is timing out. No error
> of not accessing MySQL, just telling me it is timing out.  This
> tells me (I could be wrong) that it is in fact accessing MySQL and
> that my calls to MySQL are making the script time out? What bothers
> me is that the cron errors out saying access denied but ssh says
> timeout error. Does anyone have any ideas for me to try at this
> point? If I don't get this to work in the next couple of days, I am
> toast!

 -- Try the mysql access and commands directly from the command
    line (using the mysql cli).

 -- Put debug/print statements in your code so you can clearly
    see where you are getting.

    -- This includes printing out your mysql statements so that
       you know exactly what is being passed to mysql (both when
       you run the script by hand and via cron).