Re: Re: Problem with query

On 6/25/2013 6:06 AM, Toby Hart Dyke wrote:

What Jim means is here in the manual:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.types.array.php#language.types.array.donts

In a nutshell:

Always use quotes around a string literal array index. For example,
/$foo['bar']/ is correct, while /$foo[bar]/ is not.

The reason is that without the quotes, you are generating an undefined
constant (bar) rather than using a string index ('bar'). It works, but
could have side effects in the future, so it's bad form to do it.

As for general politeness, you seem to be unaware of recent history in
this (an associated) groups. The OP has often committed the ultimate
sine. Not posting slightly wild code (we've all been/are there!) He
doesn't seem to listen or learn too well. Many posters (including Jim)
have offered a lot of of extremely good (and detailed) advice which
seems to be rarely taken...

   Toby