Probleme upper accents

Hi,

On my application PHP with Oracle database, all work fine with Oracle9i client, but when I test with Oracle11gR2 client
I get warning with PDO driver.
*Warning*: PDOStatement::fetch() [function.PDOStatement-fetch <http://vanves23/function.PDOStatement-fetch>]: column 0 data was too large for buffer and was truncated to fit it in
with this request
" SELECT DISTINCT UPPER(SUBSTR(NOM, 1, 1)) AS INITIALE, NOM
                               FROM MY_TABLE ORDER BY INITIALE ";

The field NOM contain in first character upper character with accent like this

Here are my configuration :
   - Apache2.2.21
   - Php-5.1.4 with PDO Oracle
   - Client Oracle 11.2.0.1
   - Base Oracle 11.2.0.1
On my Web server, I have set :
ORACLE_BASE
ORACLE_HOME
TNS_ADMIN
NLS_LANG = French_France.WE8ISO8859P1
LC_ALL=fr_FR
LC_COLLATE=fr_FR.ISO8859-1
LC_CTYPE=fr_FR.ISO8859-1
LC_MESSAGES=fr
LC_MONETARY=fr_FR.ISO8859-1
LC_NUMERIC=fr_FR.ISO8859-1
LC_TIME=fr_FR.ISO8859-1

In HTML headers of page, there is
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>
 <head>

And on my Oracle Dababase server, I have
NLS_CHARACTERSET=WE8ISO8859P15
NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET= AL16UTF16

How I can suppress these warnings ?

Thanks for your help.