Re: Programs not running

On Jan 6, 2013, at 9:09 PM, tamouse mailing lists wrote:

On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 2:14 PM, Karl DeSaulniers <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Unfortunately, I am still working on an old G4 Powerbook trying to finish a
website of mine.
Adobe GoLive was the program I imprinted on and it stuck. Sadly it has gone
away now
and Dreamweaver is the replacement. I am not fond of DW but will no doubt
have to
adjust to get a job in the industry as it is the main stay these days for
HTML.
Sadly DW isn't any better (that I know of) when it comes to editing,
debugging  and creating
server-side tech. So this NetBeans thingamajig is a real pleaser for me...
:)

Actually, you might find netbeans just all that for writing the HTML,
CSS and JS stuff, too.

I used Dreamweaver when it first came out and compared to the other
sorts of things available at the time, it was pretty spiffy. But time
has marched on, and creating HTML isn't something I want a visual
editor for.

I like fireworks for that. The export to CSS layout saves me loads of time and separates things by layer instead of slices which Photoshop does not do (why I don't know). I mostly use GoLive for the syntax highlighting and the site manager stuff and some built in javascript. Because of using GoLive and no time to dive into DW I guess I just shied away. But looks like NetBeans has a site manager built in, so this should prove interesting. I have longed for some code completion features as well and NetBeans looks tasty. I think it will help me in understanding PHP a little better as far as syntax that works. I also work with Javascript and jQuery (LOVE! jQuery, had to learn quick as I was a Flash programer before. But I digress.. =)

I have to say though, signing up for this list has been one of my better decisions.
Thank you ALL for sharing your expertise. I find it invaluable!

Best,

Karl DeSaulniers
Design Drumm
http://designdrumm.com