Thanks for the explanation Bastien.

Best,
Karl

On Oct 21, 2010, at 6:56 AM, Bastien wrote:

FKs are constraints. They really are there to ensure that the data in the FK exists in the other table. They do not operate like a conventional index that is there to aid in selecting data.

Bastien Koert
905-904-0334
Sent from my iPhone

On 2010-10-21, at 7:24 AM, Karl DeSaulniers <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Excuse me for intruding, but wouldn't this be a Foreign Key solution?
If one field is the same on all tables, can't you just set a Foreign Key
that all tables with that field get their data from?
Then you only have to query the master table??
Or an I not grasping the idea behind Foreign Keys.
I am still learning.
TIA
HTHS

Karl