Re: Re: SOUNDS_LIKE, SOUNDEX

On 12/10/10 08:45, Ron Piggott wrote:
After looking at the response I tried to make 2 mySQL queries that I need
help with.  (I didn't use the PHP functions because I am trying to query
the database for results:

#1:
SELECT `word` FROM `bible_concordance_words` WHERE SOUNDEX('command')
ORDER BY `word` ASC
- There are no results, I don't understand because Commanded, Commander,
Commanding, Commandment, Commandments are all in the datase

#2:
SELECT `word` FROM `bible_concordance_words` WHERE command SOUNDS_LIKE
`word` ORDER BY `word` ASC
- I receive the error:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to
your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SOUNDS_LIKE
`word` ORDER BY `word` ASC

RTFM?

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/string-functions.html#operator_sounds-like

This stuff isn't that difficult to find.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/