Re: newbie: how to return one iteration *per unique date (DAY!)* in a timestamp column?

> except that I just added the ORDER BY clause onto each SELECT segment,
> and now I get this error:
> query failed: Incorrect usage of UNION and ORDER BY
>
> How can I order the results while still doing the UNION ALLs?

You should only need one ORDER BY clause at the end of the whole query:

    (SELECT...)
    UNION ALL
    (SELECT...)
    UNION ALL
    (SELECT...)
    ORDER BY...

I'm not sure if this syntax is portable to other SQL-based DBMSes, though. I'm
certain that one system we use at work doesn't support it, but it's kind of a
dinosaur so I don't like to draw too many conclusions from what it doesn't support.

Ben