Re: Php, Oracle on Mac, with strange behaviour

Grant Croker wrote:
> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/oracle/instanceclient
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/oracle/instanceclient
> ORACLE_BASE=/opt/oracle/instanceclient
> ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/instanceclient
> export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH ORACLE_BASE ORACLE_HOME
>
> (note: As Chris Jones mentioned LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not used on OS X,
> however there is no harm in having it set)

Thanks for your help getting this resolved.

FWIW, I just merged a change to the originally reported "Warning:
ocilogon() [function.ocilogon]: OCIEnvNlsCreate() failed."  message.
On Mac OS X this now mentions DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH instead of LD_LIBRARY_PATH:
http://cvs.php.net/viewvc.cgi/pecl/oci8/oci8.c?r1=1.269.2.16.2.38.2.31&r2=1.269.2.16.2.38.2.32

This fix is incorporated into OCI8 1.3.5 downloadable from
http://pecl.php.net/package/oci8  It will be available with PHP 5.3
(whenever that comes out).  Users of older versions of PHP including
PHP 5.2 are encouraged to upgrade OCI8 using PECL.

Chris

--
Email: christopher.jones@xxxxxxxxxx  Tel: +1 650 506 8630
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/ghrd    Free PHP Book: http://tinyurl.com/UGPOM