Re: Php, Oracle on Mac, with strange behaviour

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 6:51 PM, Mark Halling-Brown
<mhallingbrown@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for your replies.
> In my desperation, I declared those environment variables in as many places
> as I could think of. The script (Although I know I shouldnt), php.ini and
> also the apache httpd.conf file:
>
> SetEnv ORACLE_HOME /opt/oracle/instanceclient
> SetEnv DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH /opt/oracle/instanceclient
> SetEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /opt/oracle/instanceclient
> SetEnv ORACLE_BASE /opt/oracle/instanceclient
>
> But given that it works on the command line, but not through the browser, I
> think that the environment variables must be set correctly.

Did you restart apache after doing this?

The env variables are set correctly for your user, but not apache's
(which is the problem).

Does the mac have an /etc/environment file? That should cover all users.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/