Re: Php, Oracle on Mac, with strange behaviour

Did you restart apache after doing this?

Yes, many times

The env variables are set correctly for your user, but not apache's
(which is the problem).

Indeed, I have removed the putenv declarations in the php script and inserted this:
echo("Using LD_LIBRARY_PATH: ". getenv("LD_LIBRARY_PATH"));
echo ", ORACLE_HOME=".getenv("ORACLE_HOME");
echo(", DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH: ". getenv("DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH"));

And it prints to the screen (browser) correctly:
Using LD_LIBRARY_PATH: /opt/oracle/instanceclient, ORACLE_HOME=/opt/ oracle/instanceclient, DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH: /opt/oracle/instanceclient

For completeness, I have also put the variables is /etc/profile, /etc/ bash_profile etc

So it seems that the variables are set up for sure (unless this is just for php, but I do have these variables in the apache httpd.conf)

This is a puzzler
Cheers
Mark

Does the mac have an /etc/environment file? That should cover all users.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/

_____________________________

Mark Halling-Brown
Higher Scientific Officer,
Computational Biology & Chemogenomics, Cancer Therapeutics,
The Institute of Cancer Research
15 Cotswold Road
Belmont, Surrey SM2 5NG, UK
Tel: (+44)-20-8722-4300 (ext: 4659)
Email: mhallingbrown@xxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.markyhb.co.uk

"A cynic is what an idealist calls a realist"

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only.  If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer and network.