Re: Value of $_POST['submit']

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 5:02 PM, Ron Piggott <ron.php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am wondering how my PHP script may access the value of value of
> $_POST['submit'].  At present echo $_POST['submit']; doesn't give me a
> value.  Consequently all queries to the mySQL database fail.

Ron, is your AJAX request a POST?  Is it actually assigning a value to
"submit"?  It sounds like that datum is missing because it's not being
sent.

Steve is incorrect in suggesting that $_POST['submit'] will be
populated with data from an HTML input of type "submit".  To achieve
the effect he is describing, you would need to add name="submit" to
that input.  None of the keys of $_POST are magically populated.  If
your request doesn't submit a variable named "submit", there will be
no such key in the array.