Re: works under mysql 5 but not under Oracle 11g1

fixed the problem but am not fully sure of the optimum code one should use!

I like the association idea but must change the $fields array

There is a better way than using count!

67     //get log_book_id table information
     68     $user = "select * from log_book_id";
     69     $result = oci_parse($conn, $user);
     70         $r = oci_execute($result);
     71
     72     //display log_book_id information
     73
     74     while ($newArray = oci_fetch_row($result)) {
     75 //      print_r($newArray);

What does line 75 show and what do you expect it to show?

     85         //note that we do not rely on the checkbox value as not all browsers submit it
     86         //instead we rely on the name of the checkbox.

Well, that's wrong. The value is submitted IF the checkbox is ticked. If it is not ticked, it is not submitted (this is the same in any language, it's not a php specific thing).

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/