Re: MySQL Query Timeout program in PHP

Man- when the query is fired through the web interface- it rans on
mysql server....

max_execution_time - wont' help evn I stop apache itself...

Yes it will. Apache will be instructed to stop execution of any script by the mod_php module (assuming you are using mod_php). But mysql process probably won't stop running (not 100% sure for that) although php script has timed out.
The query runs on mysql server - so I have to kill the PID on server itself...

In order to do this you will need (in the unix world) to have rights to kill mysql processes. That means that you must become either root or the mysql user which is not that simple since everything that apache runs is usually running as the apache or the www user who can't kill those processes (at least if he can't su exec).

I will have to note here that this is a bad practice of doing things...
Thanks
Piyush