Re: [PHP] CREATE question

On 10/30/08, Daniel Brown <danbrown@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 2:19 PM, Dan Shirah <mrsquash2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Is it possible for us to use PHP to create temp tables in our database?
> [snip!]
> >
> > But all that does is give me an "ifx_prepare fails" message.
>
>    (Forwarded to PHP-DB as well.)
>
>    Dan, make sure Informix is set to allow that user to use the
> CREATE syntax.  Also, not sure about IFX, but with other SQL databases
> - including MySQL - you have to use the full word `TEMPORARY`, not
> just `TEMP`.
>
> --
> </Daniel P. Brown>
> http://www.parasane.net/
> daniel.brown@xxxxxxxxxxxx || danbrown@xxxxxxx
> Ask me about our current hosting/dedicated server deals!

Ah!  You both may be right.  I was running my entire using AQT and it ran
fine without any problems but once I pulled it into my web application it
took a swan dive.

You're probably totally right, of course it could create it in AQT because
I'm connecting to it with my credentials, whereas the web application is
connecting as a different user.

Thanks guys, I'll check out my permissions and hopefully that's all it is.

Just an FYI, the use of "temp" instead of "temporary" does work in Informix
:)