From: Yakir Magriso [mailto:ymagriso@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2008 1:45 PM
To: Marc Fromm
Cc: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  myphpadmin mcrypt and libmcrypt

Hi.

Did you try looking for a "php-mcrypt" RPM package?

Regards,
Yakir Magriso.
On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 11:30 PM, Marc Fromm <Marc.Fromm@xxxxxxx<mailto:Marc.Fromm@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

I am configuring a Red Hat EL5 system.
I need to install the packages mcrypt and libmcrypt for the myPHPadmin tool to access the MySQL databases.
I recently learned that Red Hat does not provide packages at their repository to install third party packages like mcrypt and libmcrypt.

The mcrypt setup page at php.net<http://php.net/> states to go to my distros site to get the files, since Red Hat doesn't have them, how can I get the packages and use yum to install them so that all the dependencies are taken care of?

Thanks

Marc