Re: Recommended web developers

I'm a little surprised no one else has commented on this, but for a
website that complicated, 10k is way too low. I've done work on
websites that do almost all of those things separately, but not
combined and I can tell you to have a high quality website that does
just one of the things you mention will cost you about 10k. This is
very much a guess because something like Blogging can be done very
simply (cheaply). But it will not have even close to the feature set
of the major blogging sites.

In fact, I just wrapped up a project that was a simple business
directory last month for 5k. Again, that site was *simple* and no
where near as flexible as the code you see from yahoo or google. There
is a reason those companies pay hundreds of developers 80k a year...

Sorry to rain on your parade. Hopefully you just left out a 0 or two...

Ken

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 10:00 AM, A. Joseph <joefazee@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Which company in India or USA can you recommend to design a complex
> website for my company.
>
> The site will be a social site, will include, Blog, Articles, Shops,
> Music, Movie, Directory, Pre-paid card system, Culture and Tourism,
> downloads, file upload and sharing
> The site is just like yahoo, but no email service.
>
> Advert method will be like Google Ads
> PHP 5 MySql, Smarty, SOAP Service, Ajax, Javascript, div based, Apache
> with mod_rewrite
>
> Admin Area, Users area, front end
> Full detail will be available
> Planned amount is  $10000 Max
>
> --

Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be
brought to the bidding of the leaders. Tell them they are being
attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and
endangering the country. It works the same in every country.

--- Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, At the Nuremberg Trials