Re: PHP-MySQL connection for particular module

What you said wasn't wrong - you'd just produce a couple of warnings.
By taking away the assignment of the $link variable you're unsetting
it, meaning it will have a value equal to NULL. All of the following
should work.

[old code]
if (!($link = mysql_connect($a, $b, $c))) return;

if (!mysql_select_db($dbname)) return;

$res = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM manual;", $link);
[/old code]

[new code]
if (!mysql_connect($a, $b, $c)) return;

if (!mysql_select_db($dbname)) return;

$res = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM manual;", $link);
[/new code]

OR, optionally, to surpress the warnings:

[new code]
if (!mysql_connect($a, $b, $c)) return;

$link = null;

if (!mysql_select_db($dbname)) return;

$res = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM manual;", $link);
[/new code]

Evert