Re: PHP-MySQL connection for particular module

http://myprojects.srhost.info
eric{at}myprojects{dot}srhost{dot}info
----- Original Message -----
From: "bateivan" <ivanovivans@xxxxxxxx>
To: <php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 11:19 PM
Subject:  PHP-MySQL connection for particular module

:
: Hello,
:
: First of all, please, have in mind that I am new in this business.
:
: I have a problem connecting with data base in one particular module. That's
: right. The rest of the modules can connect to db, update tables with new
: info but this one is refusing giving me message like this:
:
: "Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Access denied for user
: 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in D:\Program Files\Apache Software
: Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\login.php on line 17
:

This error message state that you have provided a wrong username and / or password
use the die also to ensure the connection was created.

: Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could
: not be established in
: D:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\login.php on
: line 17"
:
:
: It is a authentication module and this is the fragment of the code which is
: giving me a hard time:
:
: *******************************************************************************
: <?php
: include $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].
:         '/layout.php';
:

Let's your included page on the same directory. Say f:\webroot\docroot
As
f:\webroot\docroot\layout.php
f:\webroot\docroot\login.php

then try change the line from

 include $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].
         '/layout.php';

$app_root = './';
 include ($app_root . 'layout.php');

: switch($_REQUEST['req']){
:
: case "validate":
:
:    $validate = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM members
:                            WHERE username = '{$_POST['username']}'
:                            AND password = md5('{$_POST['password']}')"
:                            );
:
: etc....
:
: *******************************************************************************
:
: My platform is WinXP on drive F:\ (I have Win'98 on C:\) and as you can see
: my program files are on D:\. All this may not be important but I listed
: anyway.
: It is installed Apache 2.2.6 using windows installer, PHP 5.2.6 (I just
: replaced 5.2.5 hoping to fix the problem), and MySQL 5.0.45.
:
: I am using persisten connection which should be on until you restart the
: server. I have a file included in every page for connection with MySQL and
: data base.
: PHP manual says that "mysql_query" reuses the existing connection or try to
: create one if not present (I think, according to the warning is trying to
: create one).
: I had been checking after each step using phpinfo() if the connection is
: there and it's there but for some reason the above fragment does not work.
: As I mentioned above the rest of my modules are working fine with mysql.
:
: I checked the "php.ini" file. I compared it to "php.ini.recomended" from the
: .zip distribusion package and they are almost identical exept couple of
: things for error reporting.
: I, also checked FAQ, mail listings and other forums but it does not seem
: anybody had a similar problem.
:
: In one of my tests I included a line for connection just before the problem
: lines, as described below, and it worked but my intention is to keep such
: lines in a separate files and include them in every page instead.
:
: *******************************************************************************
: .......
:
: $link = mysql_pconnect('localhost', 'root', 'testing');
:
:
:    $validate = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM members
:                            WHERE username = '{$_POST['username']}'
:                            AND password = md5('{$_POST['password']}')"
:                            );
: etc.
: *******************************************************************************
:
: As I metioned, this is an authentication module and, may be, that's why is
: behaving diferently from the rest or I need to do some setup changes in
: "php.ini" which I am not familiar with.
:
: If anyone has had simmilar problem I would appreciate his/her input. Please,
: help me resolve this mistery.
:
: --
: Sent from the Php - Database mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
:
:
: --
: PHP Database Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)