Re: Manipulating Blob Fields

After some research I found a workaround, not a solution. Diggin in www.php.net I found the following (potential) bug apparently resolved time ago
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=35155
 in relation to

Bug #35155  	prepared statement with blob field does not work

Which is exactly what it is happening to me. It refers to the use a function mysqli_stmt_send_long_data.

Apparently you only need to use this function if your data is larger than max_allowed_packet, which in my system is 16MB.

The fact is, it is the only way I have managed to store pdfs files in the field. My pdf files a very small < 5Kb.

Happy to have it working, but hesitant to understand why....

Regards.

JCG