From: Alan Bannister [mailto:alan.bannister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 08 January 2008 23:03
To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Manipulating Blob Fields

Hi, this is my first posting to this group, so I hope it gets to the right
place!

I have been experimenting with uploading image files and storing them in a
mySQL database table.

So far I have been able to upload and extract data from an image file, add
it to the database and subsequently display it.  I can also resize, etc. so
long as I have the original file to process.

What I cannot fathom is how to do this by reading image data stored in a
blob field in the table rather than a file.  Most of the image functions
seem to need a file as the source.

Anyone help a newbie?

Alan Bannister